Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday's Blog, Loving support

There was no Monday's Blog posting last week. After the loss of my dear brother Arthur, I was not yet able to share but am so grateful for all or your wonderful messages of support. I thank you all for those messages of support and solace not to forget the hugs. There is such comfort in knowing that people care and can express that care freely and with such love and that we can reciprocate in kind and make a difference in people's lives. 

Our friends and family members are a great source of love and support when facing difficult times. It isn't news that an endless number of established support systems and help groups exist, covering every phase of life. Many people choose to become part of a group, meetings that provide a steady and comfortable atmosphere to share and mend our inner souls.  I do not wish to "preach to the choir,"  Everyone of us has been buoyed up by friends and family member's kind and loving words. Everyone of us has returned in kind, solace and support to our friends and family. 

Here are two responses from people extolling the love and caring received from their experience;

I (Jerry) have lived with depression from around 7 or 8 years old — but I wasn’t diagnosed until I was in my twenties. As a child, I coped the best I could, functioning somewhat underneath it. I tried many anti depressant medications for years and none worked for me.”

Finally, in my forties and married with children, I was still depressed. My wife insisted I seek professional help. The first urge was to resist help and live with it. Finally, I gave in to keep peace and placate my family. The doctor suggested a different medication and this time it helped a lot. I decided to try and I became active in a support group, a tremendous help to me. The sharing, the hugs, the love, the caring and knowing I was not alone, made such a difference in my life and that of my family members. How lucky I have been to have such caring support.”

A Poem

It is not the matter of waiting
for the pain of grief to wane
it is allowing for the possibility
that
Joy
and
Sorrow
can and do

Coexist

I have benefited greatly from the impromptu care and support among friends and family such as in my recent experiences as well as group support as the years have passed. What wonder to be able to receive such messages of love and support and to return them in kind as others need our help. It is a central core of Humanity.

Next week, hopefully onto other topics and hopefully some humor.
Thanks everyone

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." ~Mother Teresa


No comments: